In your role as Health & Safety Officer, you will assist the Health & Safety Manager to ensure that Health & Safety Management systems are implemented and maintained across the site.
- Regularly reviewing and updating company risk assessments, method statements and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Conduct weekly audits, safety inspections and daily site checks.
- Lead and promote a culture of zero harm and continuous improvement in relation to all health and safety work practices.
- Assist in reporting and investigation of accidents and incidents.
- Issue PPE as required and deliver training in correct usage and care of PPE. Complete daily checks to ensure that all staff and visitors are wearing correct PPE.
- Project work as and when required.
- Delivery of basic Health & Safety Training
- Recognised qualification in Health & Safety – minimum Level 6.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Full driving licence and own transport as travel is required to company sites.
- Manual Handling Instructor Qualification preferable.